Tuesday, January 12, 2010

How many countries for our scammer friend?

The fake "Mrs. Patel" sure gets around. She forged a Polish email address, but the message originated from a Dutch server. The reply-to header's address lists Sify.com, which is in India. The cooltoad.com service is in Canada. And the scam mentions Benin and South Africa, and a host of other countries. Is that supposed to make it more credible?

In any case, this message is a scam. Don't be fooled, don't reply.

From: "Mrs Aarti Patel" mrsaartipatel@go2.pl
Date: January 12, 2010 4:42:50 AM PST
Subject: Re: LETTER TO YOU ??
Reply-To: mrsaartipatel@sify.com

12-01-2010
FROM THE DESK OF MRS AARTI PATEL
PRESIDENT/CEO OF
CON OIL INTERNATIONAL
REPUBLIC OF BENIN .
EMAIL: mrsaartipatels@cooltoad.com

ATTENTION: Dear Friend

I have a proposal for you - this however is not mandatory nor will I in any manner compel you to honour against your will. I am Mrs Aarti PATEL and I am a 59 years old woman. I am a South African married to an American national.

I was the President/CEO of CON OIL INTERNATIONAL-an oil servicing company in Johannesburg . I was also married with no child. My husband died 6years ago. Before this happened my business and concern for making money was all I was living for and I never really cared about other people. But since the loss of my Husband and also because i had have no child to call my own, I have found a new desire to assist the helpless, I have been helping orphans in orphanages/motherless homes/humanitarians. I have donated some money to orphans in Sudan , Dominica , Rep. du Congo, Spain , Botswana , ?sterreich and some Asian countries. IN SUMMARY: - I have 18,000,000.00 (Eighteen Million) U. S. Dollars which I deposited in a security company in Cotonou Benin republic as a family treasure & artefacts, please I want you to note that the security company does not know the real content to be money and I want you to assist me in claiming the consignment & distributing the money to

Before I became ill, I kept $18 Million in a long-term deposit in a security company which I declared as a family treasure & artifiarts.I is in the hospital where I have been undergoing treatment for oesophageal cancer and my doctors have told me that I have only a few months to live. It is my last wish to see this money distributed to charity organizations.

Now my questions are:-

1. Can you handle this project?
2. Can I give you this trust?

If you can sponsor this transfer, consider this and get back to me as soon as possible. Finally, it is my humble prayer that the information as contained herein is accorded the necessary attention, urgency as well as the secrecy it deserves. I Expect your urgent response if you can handle this project. Email me at mrsaartipatels@cooltoad.com

May the good Lord bless you and your family?

Best Regards.
Mrs Aarti Patel

No comments:

Post a Comment